For a scanner that mixes quality with value for money look no further than the CanoScan 4400F from Canon.
The CanoScan 4400F comes complete with a built in film adapter unit (FAU), allowing you to scan 6 x 35mm negatives or 4 slides in a single operation. Included with the scanner is a bundle of imaging software with ArcSoft PhotoStudio, OmniPage SE and Presto! Page Manager, you are able to edit your images retreived from the 4400F easily, and best of all the Cannon 4400F negative scanner is compatible with both Windows and Apply Mac.
The Canon gives brilliant results, with accurate exposures and colours although like many negative scanners in this price range the results can be slow with 4 slides at 2400 dpi taking around 8 minutes to complete. It may be a time consuming process converting slides and negatives into digital images but if you are looking to recreate your fond memories then it is surely worth the time and effort involved.
Canon are also a name you can trust. With cameras such as the EOS 1000D digital SLR and EOS 40D.
Features and Details:
- Canon CanoScan 4400F – flatbed scanner
- Flatbed scanner – desktop
- Max Supported Media Size: 216 x 297 mm
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 25.9 cm x 47.4 cm x 8.3 cm
- Weight: 2.8 kg
- Input Type: Colour
- Resolution: 16-bit (64K grey levels) / 48-bit colour
- External Resolution: 8-bit (256 grey levels) / 48-bit colour
- Optical Resolution: 4800 dpi x 9600 dpi
- Interpolated Resolution: 19200 dpi x 19200 dpi
- Max Document Size: 216 mm x 297 mm
- Supported Media Type: Plain paper, slides, bulk objects (such as books), film
- Media Feeder Type: Manual load
- Interface Type: Hi-Speed USB
- System Requirements: Microsoft Windows 98/ME/2000/XP, Apple MacOS X 10.2.8 or later
If your looking for a scanner to scan 35mm slides then look no further, this scanner is perfect for the job.
The Canon 4400F is available from Amazon priced at £60.65 – click here